The Blythlyway in Guyana

Friday, March 09, 2007

After painting the cement floor of our kitchen this morning, I took a car to Braks lot on the backdam behind Little Rock television station. The band jumped into a mini-bus and fled off to Rose Hall about fourty minutes away. I missed them yesterday. I had thought that the heavy rains would slow them down as much as it did me. But by the time I got to the house after walking through the thick mud that can only be negotiated barefoot, they had already left. Todays show was to a group of 200 13-17 year old students. The stage was twenty three foot high by one and a half foot wide benches pushed up against each other. Somehow four drummers and Braks Running on the things didn't result in a broken leg. One of my favorite current songs the group does is Harmony:
Truely Blessed I pray for the people in the world to get better,
Truely Blessed I pray for the people in the world to get better.
What we need is
Harmony
What we're seeking for
Harmony
What the world needs today
Harmony
It can set I and I free
Harmony
Burn Jealousy
Harmony.